Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT ABOUT DOMAIN NAME AND HOSTING?
For the the domain name, we ask our customers to purchase this themselves. Don’t worry, we will talk you through this as its very easy and a domain name cost on average $15.00 a year. This way you always have access to it and its under your name/business and you have complete control on this. As far as hosting is concerned. We provide a safe, reliable and fast hosting service with all our website packages. We will send you your login details for the C Panel account we set up for you. If you have your own hosting, no issue. When the site is built, we just need your login in order to set up the website for you.
Purchase Your domain Name Here – if you require assistance, please call us anytime 833-932-3476
CAN I UPDATE MY WEBSITE MYSELF?
Absolutely! All WordPress packages include a 30 minute or 1 hour training session on how to add new pages and menu items, upload and link imagery and documents, create image galleries, add video and more. All you need is a modern browser (we recommend Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) and an Internet connection. We will connect with you using Skype and share our screen with you and show you all the basics on your website and how to make changes and such.
WHAT IF I ALREADY HAVE A WEBSITE?
We work with a lot of people who wants to rebuild their website. Whether this is to make it more responsive and mobile friendly, make the site easier to make changes to and update, make the website more search engine friendly or make the website more secure and fast loading. What ever the reason for rebuilding your website, we can handle all your website needs and request.
DO YOU OFFER MONTHLY MAINTENANCE PLANS?
We offer maintenance plans for WordPress customers who needs to have their website software updated on a regular basis. WordPress is a great Content Management System, but it needs to be updated to protect from malware, security issues and for performance. We have plans that handle everything from Hosting and email accounts, to updating software and taking backups. Our plans also come with general email support to answer any questions you may have.
WHAT ABOUT IMAGES AND CONTENT?
If you are looking for images and content, we can help you obtain licence free high quality Images at no charge. There are several websites that offer high quality images. If you are lacking content, we can also help you by providing suggestions and adding more content for you on your behalf. We know at times its hard to find content to fill all your pages. We can help you with this is you want. We are here to assist you along the complete process.
WILL MY WEBSITE BE ON THE 1ST PAGE OF GOOGLE?
There is a lot of work to getting your website on the 1st page of Google. Getting your website optimized with the above packages should be the first step in making your website SEO friendly and getting found in the search engines. Please note that there is NEVER no guarantee that 360 Web Firm or anyone can get you to the first page pf Google. In our opinion, doing the best practices is the best way to start!
WHAT FACTORS ARE CONSIDERED FOR SEO?
There are a number of factors that Search Engines take into consideration when looking at your website. In our opinion, here are some of the factors that are considered for SEO:
- SEO optimized web pages using proper Meta Tags.
- Website Content, images and tags for each page being unique.
- Website speed. This could be related to your hosting provider.
- SSL certificate as this protects your visitors.
- Relevant, quality and uniqueness for each page.
- User Experience. Keep the bounce rate down.
- Social Media Involvement.
- Website Code, website technology.
- Look and feel on all screen sizes, Mobile friendly is a must.
- Domain Power & brand. is your domain name relevant?
WHAT FACTORS COULD BE CONSIDERED BEST PRACTICES?
There are a number of factors that are taken into consideration from search engines that require you to use best practices on your websites. Below is a few of those:
- Select a text that is easy to read.
- Choose a color scheme that suits your brand.
- Use white space to break up text and other elements.
- Make your navigation simple and easy to use.
- Make text simple and short and easy to understand.
- Show using images instead of just telling.
- Allow users to paste in passwords.
WHAT FACTORS COULD BE CONSIDERED FOR ACCESSIBILITY?
Accessibility is the practice of making your websites usable by as many people as possible. Below is a few of those that should be taken into consideration. these could be older people, Compatible with screen readers, people with low bandwidth connections or using older technologies, people with visual impairment:
- Ability to enlarge your website content such as text while using a desktop down to a to a mobile device such as in pinch zoom up to 5x.
- Images with alt tags for people with visual impairment.
- Clear and precise text, not fancy or hard to read text. The most accessible fonts are Tahoma, Calibri, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, and Times New Roman.
- Compatible with screen readers.
- Images with high resolution.
- No popups or anything that is moving on site that cannot be read or understood.
- Colour scheme used on the website which may be difficult to see buttons and text.
- Links and button names are simple and descriptive to understand.